PROCESS OF UNOPPOSED DIVORCE WITH BARTLETT & ASSOCIATES
1. FREE consultation to establish facts of your case;
2. Deposit paid and file opened and necessary documents requested and sent to you;
3. We draft your divorce papers and have them issued and sent to the sheriff to serve your spouse;
4. Once your spouse has been served he/she has 10 working days thereafter to oppose the divorce;
5. If he/she doesn’t oppose and you have no minor children the divorce is set down for a court date;
6. If he/she doesn’t oppose but you have minor children a settlement/ parenting plan is drafted and signed and sent to the family advocate to be endorsed and then we set the divorce down for hearing;
7. If he/she does oppose the divorce you will be called in to discuss the fee structure and what are the next steps in an opposed divorce.